Friday, August 16, 2013

JAZZERCISE

The SpliƩ Crew
A couple nights ago, I had the pleasure of attending my first Jazzercise class at the Harvey's outdoor arena. I was very excited to finally find out what the huge Jazzercise rave was all about. It was so much fun because I absolutely LOVE to dance and the setting was beyond cool (it doesn't get much better than working out outdoors in Tahoe); however, as a Zumba Instructor, I didn't feel I got as good of a workout as I do when I take or teach an hour of Zumba. After Zumba, i'm usually a hot, sweaty mess.  After Jazzercise, we still all looked pretty cute, but i'll let you be the judge... (see picture below). One aspect that I did love was that Jazzercise incorporates strength training through the use of resistance tubes/hand-held weights. Since Jazzercise took off in the late 60's, it has evolved tremendously to keep up with the latest fitness trends. The music was top-notch and i'll probably use some of the moves I learned down at the clubs this weekend ;). It is very similar to Zumba and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I think I'll be sticking to Zumba. Which one do you prefer?

xoxo

Always. Shine. Bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment